Since 1993, the canadian working divers institute trains commercial divers at a reasonable cost.
All fees are in Canadian dollars and include tax. Use the Bank of Canada's Exchange Rate page to calculate the costs in your country's currency.
A DEPOSIT OF $500.00 IS REQUIRED to secure your spot: Payable to Canadian Working Divers Institute *We now accept Visa or MasterCard (for deposit only).
- Tuition $20,500
- $500 - applied towards tuition (non refundable, collected prior to signing of student contract)
- Room & Board $4500
- A DEPOSIT OF $1000.00 is required to secure your room and board with Chapleau Lodge.
- $1000 - applied towards room & board (non refundable)
Books available for purchase through CWDI for an additional fee. The following books are required.
- Professional Divers Handbook
- Commercial Diver Training Manual
- Commercial Divers Logbook
- Pocket Ref (Thomas J Glover)
You will also need to obtain the following personal equipment.
- Dry suit / repair kit - Suggested suit would be neoprene complete with thigh pockets. Push through wrist seals and neoprene neck seal. Please email us if you require more information regarding suit configuration.
- dive knife (available for purchase at the school)
- C.S.A. approved work boots
- 8" and 12" adjustable wrenches
- C.S.A. approved life vest
- calculator (metric converter)
- lined paper
- water resistant work gloves (winter & spring)
- Rain Gear and Warm Winter clothes, hats and mitts
- digital watch with stopwatch (e.g. Timex Ironman)
- uni-tool (e.g. - Leatherman)
- flash light for tool belt (small)
- three finger neoprene dive gloves (order when ordering dry suit)
- safety glasses
- Personal Towels and Toiletries
- *We have laundry facilities on site but you do not need to bring laundry soap.
- Hat liners for helmet (available for purchase at the school )
The Canadian Diver Training Standared(CSA Z275.5) is the highest and most robust diver training in the world.